Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Thru the clouds, seeing the "Son"

Posted by Picasa

This past Saturday, I was in Winston-Salem watching my daughter Lindsay play soccer when I got sick with heat exhaustion. I don't remember too much about the last game. I made photos that I can't recall. Well, on the way home I was terrible sick on my stomach, not to mention upset with myself for letting me get this way. I rode in the back of the Montana, lying on my side looking to the back of the vehicle, once in a while looking up and out the window. I cried and cried most of the way home. I was in the pity-party mode. When we got close to Pilot-Mountain I saw that it was raining. I got my camera out and made some photos of this passing storm. I watched as the sun just kept on shining through the clouds. And remember, I was on a pity party!!! I thought of how Jesus shines through all the tough times in our lives. He never stops shining. He is "ever present" through the storms. All we need to do is call upon him, and he is there. I don't call upon him enough. I try to solve my problems by myself through worldly ways, and as my pastor said last night, all we need to do is fall down and humble ourselves before him. It is not unusal to try to solve our own problems, and serve our own purpose. I'll be the first to raise my hand and say I do that. I need to depend on God, not myself. I need to be dependent on him, and seek him for the answer. I need to let the "Son" shine in...right? Good day!!

4 comments:

Joe said...

I, too, find that I feel much better when I quit focusing on how I feel. God's Wonders or the needs of another person are excellent distractions when I would otherwise have a "pity party".

Anonymous said...

we have to cast our care upon Him. sometimes it's hard to let go and let God, but that's the way it should be. we have to let God carry us, and it would be a lot easier for us. God is really amazing!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I recently wrote a song that talks about how we soemtimes keep thinking of Jesus in the "man" mode, but the truth is He is not meek and lowly anymore. He is reigning with God in Heaven, as God. He is more than capable to do anything we need. Sometimes I find myself "forgetting" that He is bigger than all our problems! But thank God He is!!

Karen A. Castevens said...

Hi Rhonda...I wish I could speak to you or know your blog..or for that matter...email you. I would love to talk to you. Thanks for the comment!!!