Friday, June 10, 2005

"Mayberry - Mount Airy, North Carolina"

Andy and Opie Posted by Hello

The Mayberry Men Posted by Hello


Yes...I am from Mayberry - Mount Airy, North Carolina. I am doggone proud to be from Mayberry. I have lived here all my life. I don't know any place different. I love the simpleminded life. I love Mount Airy. I can't think of a better place to call "Home". Home is where your heart is ...and mine is here in Mayberry. Sometimes I feel like Sheriff Andy Taylor is here. When you see some of the things going on one can't help but think of him. And the "Barney's" (MAYBERRY DEPUTY), there is a few of them here too. With the occasion of minor crimes, Ol' Ernest T. Bass still throws a rock or two. Aunt Bea could be cooking a good ol' apple pie. The Mayberry Hillbillies (The Darlings) still play tunes downtown every now and then. "Floyd's Barbershop" is open daily for haircuts. You can go next door, after the haircut, for a Porkchop Sandwich at "Snappy Lunch". Here is a little history... Andy Griffith was born and grew up here in Mount Airy. Mount Airy is at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains which is approximately a 15-mile drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Pilot Mountain (Mt. Pilot) is approximately 8- miles away. We still have a drive-in movie screen running here known as "The Bright Leaf Drive-In". Makes you want to sit back and take in a big smell of the fresh air, have a laugh or two, and enjoy. Mayberry takes you back to the simple times in life, where people speak even if they don't know you.
Such a simple life!!!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Golly, I feel like I'm writing to a TV star! What's it like to actually live in TV Land?

What's your opinion of Mel Gibson, if you have one?

Please keep encouraging my daughter, the Tap dancer of "my life. my walk. in my words." to continue blogging.

tomorrows up to me said...

I want to live there!