Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"When He was on the Cross, I was on His Mind"

Jesus Posted by Hello
This is not a "real" photo of what Jesus would have looked like on the cross. This photo shows a clean, wounded Jesus. If you read the Holy Bible, it tells us of how Jesus was beaten. He was beaten so badly. He was hit over and over again. He was surely bloody and cut, and somewhat unreconizable. I am sure he was in agony, but he took that pain for us...the unworthy ones!!! Oh how unworthy we are!!! He was crucified on the cross to bear our sins. In case you are reading this and don't know, he was in such pain. I am sure that some of that pain was a pain of knowing some of us would never come to know him. Don't you know that pain was unbearable? He actually knew and knows who will receive him. He gave his life for me so that I might come to know him. Thank God I chose to trust him, serve him, and believe upon him. I could have spent eternity in Hell, but he saw fit to save me. And Hell is real!!!!!!!
Thank you Lord for giving me eternal life to spend with you......
Matthew Chapter 27: 27-31 (KJV)
27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
Mark Chapter 15: 17-20 (KJV)
17 And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head,
18 And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews!
19 And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.
20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan a little more than a week ago. I saw a painting of Christ on the cross and for the first time in my life I realized how terribly misleading the paintings and sculptures of the crucifixion are. We fail to see just how much pain Jesus suffered for our salvation. Pain that no mere Man could have endured.